WENDY MORRISDirector, Urban Design and Town PlanningEcologically Sustainable Design Pty Ltd (ESD), Melbourne, Australia
- BSc (Geology & Psychology), (Melbourne University), 1973
- Diploma of Town & Regional Planning (Melbourne University), 1976
- Diploma of Illustrative Photography (P. S. C. Melbourne), 1983
- MA in Urban Design (Oxford Brooks University) 1989
- MPIA (Planning Institute of Australia), since 1997
- Charter Member of Congress For The New Urbanism, USA
- Wendy Morris is an urban designer and town planner, with professional experience in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada and the UK. Wendy spent 20 years in public service, mostly as an urban designer for the State of Victoria, principally authoring performance-based VicCode 1 and VicCode 2, managing Victoria’s Greenhouse Neighbourhood Project, and co-leading the highly successful Beacon Cove Charrette of 1992. Beacon Cove in South Melbourne was Victoria’s best selling urban development for five years running.Wendy joined Chip Kaufman as director of ESD in 1996, where Wendy leads many Charrettes and Enquiry by Design workshops for major urban extensions and town centres, manages design and implementation of major urban projects, and co-authors books on urbanism and sustainable growth codes.Wendy was a principal author of the Western Australia’s Liveable Neighbourhoods Community Design Code, from which over a hundred thousand lots have been designed and mostly constructed in WA, and which has won a Congress for New Urbanism Charter Award.Wendy is an inaugural member of the US-based Congress for The New Urbanism. She has contributed to the international evolution of New Urbanism by presenting an Australian perspective at most CNU congresses since 1992. She is also a key contributor to the Australian Council for New Urbanism.